Going into the MAC Cosmetics store can be a little overwhelming for those of you who, like the young girl in the video above, have no make-up experience or knowledge.
When it comes to MAC, the best place to start is lipstick. With over 100 different shades and different types of finishes, it’s definitely okay to be overwhelmed. But that’s where we come in to help! Here are what #TheCloset believe to be the top six MAC lipsticks.
- Flat Out Fabulous: If pink is your favourite colour then this lipstick is most definitely for you. With a retro-matte finish, this lipstick gives your makeup the pop it needs with this vibrant pink. If you’re feeling that your outfit is pretty bland one day, give this a go!
- Lady Danger: Orange-toned red with a matte finish. Looks amazing with a full face of makeup as it really draws attention to your lips. Not for the faint-hearted!
- Velvet Teddy: Made famous by Kylie Jenner, Velvet Teddy is a matte lipstick with a beautiful nude/brown finish. It is a lipstick that can be worn in any season, and it also goes with any outfit!
- Lickable: Lickable is a shimmering version of Flat Out Fabulous. It is also not as intense so it can be worn every day, or paired with bright eye makeup to create a stunning evening look.
- Little Buddha: A satin finish and a classic baby pink colour. This one is very wearable for day-to-day use and it looks fabulous with pale skin tones.
- Odyssey: Odyssey is a shimmering dark purple that pairs amazingly with a dark, smoky eye. A great choice for any skin tone.
The lipsticks, in order of mention, are swatched above!
Images via MAC Cosmetics / Ashleigh Bannister